Welcome To “The Blog”
Welcome to the SiteSell Blog, or, as we call it around here, The Blog. This is the public voice of SiteSell.com It has three major sections, each with its own purpose…
1) Ken’s Blog
Over the years since we first launched SiteSell a millennium ago, we’ve learned a ton from over 100,000 MYSS! and other e-book customers, hundreds of thousands of folks who’ve downloaded our free Masters Courses, and tens of thousands of Solo Build It! customers.
It has given us a rather unique perspective. We don’t just publish articles and talk theory. We provide software tools that force us to live reality. We thrive only by helping our SBI! customers thrive.
Our customers have taught us a lot about the big picture and the small. I plan to share comments about the human condition as well as our take on the state of the Web and how it pertains to the small business person.
We have a strong history of making good “calls”…
- We told SiteSell affiliates about the power of contextually sensitive text ads long before Google ever dreamed of them.
- SBI!’s core process, C T P M, emphasized the importance of “content” while SEOers were still focused on “tweaking keywords,” before AdSense ever existed.
- And we were the first company to ever discuss keyword brainstorming and research as the basis for developing and fine-tuning content sites’ themes and topics. That appeared in the first edition of our highly regarded and free Affiliate Masters Course.
With a little luck, I hope to come up with a few more gems of value in this blog.
2) SiteSell Insider
Affiliates and competitors and professional Webmasters like to know what we’re doing with our family of Web sites (over 50 and growing). Our sites fall into three categories…
- straight sales sites — even on these (ex., this one for moms), we like to teach through content
- content sites — pure information, with some cross-selling, these sites PREsell in accordance with our C T P M model
- freebie sites — sites like Value Exchange and Choose It! provide free functionality. Eventually, a good percentage convert into sales.
SiteSell Insider announces major additions or changes to our sites, why we made them, and how you can adapt the lessons therein to your own business. If
you have an affiliate program, you get double the value — we do things with our
program that no other company in the world does.
And that’s about it. The Net’s a noisy place. Most of it ends up
being “much ado about nothing.” I hope this blog helps to reduce
your noise substantially, or at least to put it all into perspective.
All the best,
Oh yes, some basic housekeeping…
Guidelines for The Blog
We invite comments, with the following guidelines…
- Comments are moderated to remove self-serving-commercial, hateful, inflammatory, repetitive and/or other objectionable material. If the comment adds nothing of value, we delete it.
- You warranty that comments are your own original material, unless you specifically attribute the original author.
- Comments that are published are the opinions of the author, not SiteSell.
- You maintain copyright to your comments but you may not request their removal from The Blog.
2) The Blog Place For Friendly, Success-Focused Discussion
A few basic Netiquette and other guidelines…
- No profanity or other offensive language.
- No flaming. Respect differing opinions.
- You may quote excerpts (as “fair use”) of The Blog as long as you acknowledge The Blog as the original source of the material.
- The Blog publishes in good faith but without guarantees. There are no warranties expressed or implied. Use any advice at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to restrict access for inappropriate behavior (ex., abuse, plagiarism, spam).
- We do not divulge email addresses (or any other personal information) to anyone, for any reason.