Put Your Blinders On!
One of my favorite jokes is also an excellent teaching tool. It starts with a little old lady calling the police…
“You have to come immediately. There’s a man walking around in his apartment across the street, with all the lights on, stark naked.”
The police rush over. The officer looks across and says…
“Madam, he’s only naked from the waist up.”
“No he’s not. Stand on the table. Stand on the table.”
As you go about your day building your business with SBI!, you too may become distracted by other people’s activities or theories or tips. Sometimes, the information can overwhelm or cause you considerable agitation. At its worst, it can put you into a state of “paralysis by analysis.”
What’s the solution?
“Climb down from the table” and put on your SBI! Blinders…
1) Focus on one thing, the one thing that you know best and love — your own island of knowledge.
2) Read and follow the SBI! Action Guide (video or text).
3) Rely on Brainstorm It!. Look only at the data you feel will help you to identify your most profitable keywords. Choose the level of analysis that you can comfortably understand and apply.
4) Do the Big 3…
- Build content. When in doubt about what to do, build content.
- Build links. When in doubt about what to, create more good links.
- Monetize! Don’t forget to make money. And then make more.
5) Use the modules in SBI!’s Site Central that fit with your current business
needs. As your business and site mature, include other modules (where
6) And last but not least… Trust SBI! and the C T P M process. You’ll do the right things, all of them, in the right order, as you work through the Action Guide.
All the best,