Black Friday & Cyber Monday Best Practices For Affiliate Marketers
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are fast approaching. It’s no secret why the upcoming Holiday Season is extremely important to affiliate marketers…it’s the biggest online spending/earning season of the year.
In fact, Cyber Monday is quickly evolving into Cyber WEEK in order for retailers and marketers to take advantage of the buying frenzy.
If you haven’t started planning your marketing strategies, stop everything you’re doing and start preparing now. There are only a few weeks to go so time is of the essence!
The first thing you need to do is determine WHO your audience is shopping for, and WHAT kinds of gifts in your niche(s) they’ll consider purchasing.
- Mail Delivery Person
You’ll need to fill in the “what” depending on your niche, demographics, interests, latest products out, etc.
- Black Friday -> November 28, 2014
- Cyber Monday -> December 1, 2014
- Cyber Specials now run all week (sometimes longer)
- And of course there are “Last Minute Gifts”, Christmas Specials, and don’t forget about upcoming New Year’s Specials too.
- Your Site or Blog
- Special Interest Groups
- Even Offline (depending on what you are promoting)
To increase your year’s overall earnings in just a few weeks, of course!
- Draft preselling articles and posts for each of the products you’ll be promoting
- Come up with catchy headlines/titles
- Determine what banners and image ads you’ll use
- Outline a newsletter (or two), draft them and calendar your send dates
- Create several Social Media posts, tweets, pins, etc.
- Study the best times to post, tweet and pin, then schedule accordingly
- Monitor your efforts
- Tweak them as needed
- Keep time sensitive promotions updated
- Remove specials as soon as they end
- Leverage your efforts wherever possible
As an affiliate marketer you’ll want to spend as much time as you have available during the first several weeks of November developing your marketing strategies, content and creatives. You’ll be equipped and ready to take advantage of the massive searches that will take place starting in the days before Black Friday.
According to Shareasale, a top affiliate network, the top 7 days for affiliate marketers in terms of volume of transactions tracked in Quarter 4 are…
The day before Cyber Monday (Sunday, Nov 30)
Cyber Monday (Dec 1)
The day after Cyber Monday (Tuesday, Dec 2)
December 7, 8 and 9
On Cyber Monday 2013, transactions tracked were nearly double that of an average big day, making it the most popular day for online shopping (in the affiliate world).
So what are you waiting for? Open up your favorite note-taker right now and gear up for an exciting season ahead!
Looking for unique affiliate product gift ideas to add to your Black Friday and Cyber Monday marketing mix?
With a little creative thinking, ignite your reader’s interest in SBI! and SBI! for WP. What could be better than the receiving the tools needed to turn their own passion, hobby or idea into an income generating online business? No tossing these gifts aside after all the unwrapping is done!
Think “financial freedom” with gifts that keeps on giving while you earn generous commissions for your efforts.