He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
Really really find out what you truly love to do and just do it. Pour your heart into it. Build your one of a kind website around your passion. Visitors to your site will pick up on your passion and reward you in ways you cannot imagine. Let them know you are there for them. Money will follow.John Shank
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this third day of Christmas, we’re visiting with John Shank, a solopreneur who jumped into the online business over 12 years ago. At first, all he wanted to do was share his knowledge of building sheds, and earn a little passive income from Google ads. Yet even that was a struggle.
John originally built his own site, ShedKing.net, on another hosting provider, and had little support or guidance.
But then, John learned about a system that could help him focus his business, and a community that was supportive. The problem was, since his site wasn’t making any money, he didn’t have the $300 he needed to pay for membership.
To invest $300 into a site that wasn’t doing anything was a huge gamble. It wouldn’t take much to recoup that investment… but at the same time, if there’s no money coming in, $300 is significant.
After long conversations with his wife, and his financial institution, John took out a home improvement loan, and put $300 toward his business. He transferred to the new hosting and began to immediately make improvements to his site and business overall.
As John puts it, “That was without a doubt one of the BEST decisions I have ever made!”
John Shank is now right on the verge of retirement and an ongoing monthly income from his successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.