Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
This month, I hit a huge milestone in my online business. I’m excited to report that I’ve reached the $5k+ sales mark already for December. For me, it’s a sign of great things to come.Jill Loeffler
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this second day of Christmas, we’re visiting with Jill Loeffler who, back in 2009, was working for a large company in the San Francisco area. She had been offered a chance to relocate there in 2003 and jumped at the chance.
Jill had already been to San Francisco several times and loved the city. And upon moving there, that passion for the seaside town only grew. After moving from enchanting neighborhood to neighborhood, and extensively exploring the city, she felt it was time she shared her passion with others.
But of course, she was still working full time for that company, leaving her little time to actually build her business. And, truth be told, she was so excited to share her San Francisco tips with others that she spent scant time reviewing the Action Guide – SiteSell’s extensive day-by-day guide to building a business that is part of SBI!.
Within a few years, her site had grown considerably. In 2014, Jill decided it was time to take her business to the next level. She formed a business plan, began using Google Analytics and the Click Through Reporting within SBI!’s Traffic Center to see what was working and what wasn’t.
This was a watershed moment for the business.
Through the use of these tools and the analytics they provided, Jill was able to measure not just overall site performance, but individual pages and links. Google Analytics revealed pages that were underperforming, where visitors were too quick to leave, suggesting that more information or a more refined presentation might be needed. Click Through Reporting revealed what sales links interested her visitors, and which ones didn’t. The low performing links were removed or replaced, making her pages even more lucrative.
The result was month-after-month increases in both traffic and revenue. As Jill puts it, “I know my success is due to the wonderful education and support from SBI! and everyone in the forums!”
Jill Loeffler is now a full time solopreneur, enjoying her increasing monthly revenues from her successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.