She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted.
I love to be a solopreneur. I hire freelancers to do some work, but I am in control of all the content and other aspects of my website. I love the interaction with the affiliate managers and Las Vegas business owners who want to be featured on my website. It’s so different from having a “boss” who tells you what to do, or even being a “boss” – it’s a partnership, beneficial to both sides. –Svetlana Rubejov
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this tenth day of Christmas, we’re visiting with Svetlana Rubejov, of LasVegas-Entertainment-Guide.com, who combined her desire for an online business with her passion for travel, and came up with a focus on Las Vegas, one of the most exciting cities in the world.
And it has worked. She has built her website and business to the point that she could work just 4 hours per week right now and have a comfortable income and lifestyle.
But it wasn’t always that way.
Svetlana was born in the former USSR and was brainwashed to believe that she had to have a career working 9-to-5, and that she needed to always be thinking about furthering her career and “climbing the corporate ladder” to be happy.
As she grew older, she started traveling to different countries and worked as a translator and interpreter. Eventually, her family moved to Canada where she worked as a translator until she took off for Maternity leave. After that, she didn’t want to go back to her previous job and decided to pursue an online business.
She’d read Tim Ferriss’ book, “Four Hour Workweek” and at the same time, discovered SBI! – the set of tools and processes that would help fulfill what the book promised.
While her first business failed due to mistakes exposed by Google’s penguin update, that didn’t deter her, and she tried again. She launched her new site in 2012 and has been working on it ever since.
And now all of that early brainwashing has been washed away.
“Now I think of life as an opportunity to create, develop new businesses and earn money – and to be able to enjoy life at the same time.” – Svetlana Rubejov
Svetlana is teaching her son, now 9, all of the principles and successful strategies of SBI!. And that online business has enabled her family to move into a larger house, large enough for not only her parents to live there, but for her mom to run her own daycare business out of it as well.
Svetlana Rubejov overcame initial failure, pursued her passion for travel, and has turned it into a successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It.
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away Soviet Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.