She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
If you have a passion that you’d like to share, look into it and begin the journey! A journey begins with a single step. You don’t have to put 30 hours a week into a website. You need to put in the time YOU decide. – Cheryl Hatch
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this eighth day of Christmas, we’re visiting with Cheryl Hatch, of Preschool-Plan-it.com, who started her early childhood development journey in the mid-1990’s. She was working full-time and taking classes evenings and weekends to get her degree.
She worked hard to get her education, and then worked even harder to put that education to use helping preschool children. She created reams of materials for her classes – week-long themes, activities and more – all while becoming all-too-familiar with the budgetary struggles of teachers.
By 2010, Cheryl started organizing all of her material and was stunned at how much had actually accumulated over the years. She had always wanted to create booklets to help other preschool teachers – had even gone so far as to create outlines – but life always got in the way.
More importantly, knowing as she did how little money teachers had to invest in materials, Cheryl didn’t know how she might go about giving booklets away to preschool teachers and still make a business out of it.
Fortunately, Cheryl’s oldest daughter jumped in at that point and suggested that Cheryl build a website, and then monetize it. She’d never even considered building a website, and had no idea what that might entail.
After extensive research, she found SBI! and knew that she had what she needed, as her two requirements were met:
- Excellent Guidance & Support – SBI! provides tutorials in the form of the “10 Day Action Guide” to follow, as well as Forums to ask questions of other solopreneurs.
- Affordable – SBI! normally costs just $299 a year, and is on sale now for just $199 the first year, including domain name registration and hosting.
Cheryl Hatch found a way to share her incredible preschool resources with other teachers, and has turned it into a successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It.
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you up to 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.