This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
I can categorically say that I do not believe there’s a better set of tools on the web to get you started with a website / online business. – Antoinette Sawyer
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this seventh day of Christmas, we’re visiting with Antoinette Sawyer, of Free-Legal-Document.com, who decided in 2004 that she wanted to start an online business. She saw how important the web was, and was going to be, for people looking for and finding information, and wanted to be a part of that.
Luckily for her, she stumbled on SBI! right away, and was able to use the tools and processes to get her business started in the right direction from the beginning.
Her first idea was to write about stamp collecting. She plugging in some keywords into SBI!’s Brainstorm It! tool and immediately saw that it was far too competitive and crowded to be worthwhile.
Her next idea was to share her interest in painting and painting techniques… but this time, there were so few searches on this topic it wouldn’t have been worth the effort to build a business.
But then something happened, almost as if by fate. Antoinette and her husband needed two legal documents for two separate reasons. They had decided to let out their apartment and needed a Lease Agreement, and at the same time, needed a Bill of Sale for a car they were selling.
It occurred to Antoinette that while an individual might rarely need such documents, there might be lots of people who needed them overall, and who wouldn’t want to have to go through an attorney to get them.
She ran the idea through Brainstorm It! and confirmed it. Legal Documents were in great demand, and her business was born!
Antoinette Sawyer worked hard on that idea and has turned it into a successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It.
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you up to 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.