Last modified: June 13, 2018
Your privacy is of utmost importance to SiteSell. The following policy describes exactly how SiteSell collects and uses non-identifiable and personally identifiable information and how we protect your privacy.
2. What information we collect and how
2.1 Non-Identifiable Information
Your visit to SiteSell.com is entirely private and anonymous. We use third parties like web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) and advertising companies (e.g., Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising) to measure conversions, collect demographic and interest information, and advertise our services. As you browse sitesell.com, these third parties may place or recognize cookies in your browser (including through the use of tracking pixels and web beacons) to monitor how you use our website and to display advertising or promotional material based on your browsing activities.
If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out by going to http://optout.aboutads.info. Furthermore, if you do not wish your data to be collected via Google Analytics, you may use their opt-out tool.
2.2 Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personal or private information in the course of providing our services. This mainly consists of contact information such as your name, postal address, email addresses, and phone number. We may also collect billing information such as the payment method (e.g., Paypal Username) and transaction identifiers. Any non-identifiable information (e.g., IP addresses) which could be linked to individually identifiable information is treated as personal information.
2.3 Users-of-users' Information
We may collect, process or store data on users-of-users. For example, this data could be collected by a SiteSell member on a contact form on their website. In such cases, SiteSell is considered a "Processor" and not as a "Controller," as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). SiteSell has no direct relationship with the users-of-users whose data is processed by us (the "Processor") on behalf of a member (the "Controller"). Each member is responsible for complying with laws and regulations, and for setting their own privacy policies, even if SiteSell does facilitate this process with tools and support. If you wish to access, correct or delete data collected by a SiteSell member, please contact that person directly.
3. How we use personal information
We collect non-identifiable and personally identifiable information for:
- providing and improving our services;
- member support, service and billing notifications;
- contacting visitors and subscribers with promotional content;
- simplifying management of events and contests and to contact winners;
- producing statistical reports using non-identifiable data;
- security and fraud prevention;
- complying with any applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your private personal information:
- to make contact with you (e.g., to help you build a successful online business or provide you with technical support);
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations;
- to conduct reasonable business activities such as monitoring the performance of SiteSell websites, campaigns and services or identifying technical issues.
Our services are not permitted for children under the age of 16. No information from anyone under the age of 16 should be submitted to us or any of our services.
4. How we share personal information
SiteSell has partnered with various technology and service providers in order to fulfill payment processing, domain name registration, web analytics, email distribution and marketing. Our partners adhere to strict privacy standards and have data processing agreements with us. We may be required to transmit personal information (e.g., email addresses, names, domain names) with these third party services and do so securely and according to applicable laws and regulations.
All third-party data processors are compliant with GDPR, EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or Canada's PIPEDA.
Examples of third-party data processors:
- OpenSRS (Tucows Inc): When our members register their domain names with SiteSell, we transmit their information to OpenSRS. OpenSRS handles forwarding the domain registration information to the appropriate domain management authority.
- PaySafe: PaySafe is our payment provider and are regulated in the United Kingdom.
- MailChimp: we synchronize our members' names and email addresses with MailChimp in order to fulfill our weekly member newsletter and promotional communications with subscribers.
5. How we protect and store personal information
SiteSell operates and stores all member information in Canada. We operate out of a world class datacenter that is protected by top-of-the-line security hardware and monitoring. Our payment processing infrastructure is entirely Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant. SiteSell complies with Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), which is also considered by the European Commission to provide adequate protection for the personal information of EU Member State residents.