Now it's possible to be a "pure Infopreneur" through info-publishing. Create Theme-Based Content Sites full of high-value information about a subject that you know and love. Then monetize it.
We talk elsewhere about how the AdSenseand affiliate models are great ways to monetize information sites for Infopreneurs.
The third strong way to generate revenue from niche-oriented content is to link that content to send visitors to specific businesses (offline businesses, especially), earning referral or finder's fees. Here's how it works...
- The theme-based Content attracts targeted visitors, potential customers ("Traffic").
- Your site's content credentializes you in the eyes of your prospective new customers ("PREsell").
- Your e-zine (electronic newsletter) builds more and more trust (more "PREsell").
- You recommend a business or service. You get paid for the click or lead or sale ("Monetize").
For example, consider the teenage girl who has a successful SBI! site, anguilla-beaches.com. She creates excellent content about her favorite Caribbean island. She is an infopreneur.
She uses Form Build It! to create a form inviting visitors to contact her family's favorite real estate agent in Anguilla. As a result of these referrals, she has earned thousands of dollars from villa sales and rentals.
She has also used Form Build It! to send more referrals to boat charters, hotels, tour operators, rental car agencies... all on a pay-per-lead or pay-per-sale basis, adding hundreds of dollars of additional income more per month. (Naturally, her recommendations/referrals really do have to deliver top quality, for two reasons... 1) moral and 2) it's simply good business!).
(Note: She makes thousands more from placing Google AdSense ads on her site. And she has added affiliate links from carefully chosen travel-related businesses.)
Referrer fees can be a substantial income-generator, depending on your site's specific theme. There are many small businesses who would love to receive more traffic, leads, and customers. And that is true for both online and offline businesses.
The majority of small businesses are still offline... tens of millions of thriving local businesses. So SBI!'s targeted traffic and Form Build It! are a powerful way to build referral income, also known as finder's fees.
What a great way of bringing the old-fashioned "finder's fee" into the 21st century. Remember...
- Tens of millions of offline businesses have no idea how to use the Net. And even if they have a Web site, they get no traffic. So they are delighted to pay you for referrals... for your traffic!
- Most businesses, especially offline ones, do not need, and will never use, an affiliate program. SBI!'s Form Build It! and targeted traffic bridges that gap -- all you have to do is figure out how to make this model fit your theme.
Here is a sample article from SBI!'s Tips 'n Techniques HQ about how to use SBI! to build substantial additional "finder's fee" income by referring leads or customers to offline businesses.