Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
For years I had always wanted to build a website. Well, not just any old website, but a successful website. Even back then I knew that it was very easy to put up a site that no one ever visited. – Melissa Makris
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – Sitesell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this sixth day of Christmas, we’re visiting with Melissa Makris, of ApproachWellness.com, who is patiently waiting at yet another doctor’s office. She had been sick the year before, but never felt as though she fully recovered. She’s still tired and sick every day, and no one can tell her why.
Yet again, the physician tells her that all of her tests have come back “clean” – that there’s nothing wrong with her and that her problems must be in her head.
It’s bad enough to struggle to find the real cause for your illness, but even worse to be told that you’re not ill at all, that it’s all psychological. But what is really terrifying to Melissa as she sits there, dumbfounded, is that she’s only 21 years old. What is she going to feel like when she’s 40? 60?
Refusing to give in, to give up, she marches out of the office and starts doing her own research.
It took time, but fortunately for Melissa she had a strong background that she hadn’t counted on – her parents. They’d had over 40 years of experience in holistic health, and it was there where Melissa found her answers.
Her body had been suffering from a rampant infection, which itself was the result of acidic and nutrient imbalances. Melissa restored her immune system and now, a decade later, she hasn’t been sick for a day.
That’s when Melissa decided to build a website.
“I had a strong desire to share what I had learned on my way back to health. I wanted to show that small changes could result in large health gains.”
But she struggled at first. There was so much misinformation and conflicting information on the web, she couldn’t decide where to start. That is, until she found SBI!. It was there that she learned the process for building a successful business. So successful, in fact, that’s it’s helped pay for home remodels and allowed her husband to work less so that he could follow his own passion of massage therapy.
Melissa Makris went through a terrible ordeal, yet gained valuable experience along the way and has turned it into a successful online business thanks to SBI!, and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like Family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, even we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
A SiteSell Christmas Carol
- How Two Grad Students Turned Their Hobby Into A Business
- Her Passion For San Francisco Led To Over $5k A Month
- He Turned His Knowledge Into Ongoing Retirement Income
- Start a Business and Spend MORE Time at Home? Here’s How They Did It.
- The Great Recession Couldn’t Stop This Resourceful Solopreneur
- Her Battle With Health Issues Led To A Vibrantly Successful Business
- This Solopreneur Spun Her Legal Questions Into Legal Tender
- She Found A Way To Share Her Knowledge For Free And Still Make Money
- She Was Determined To Overcome Her Disabilities And Build A Business
- She Washed Away the 9-5 Brainwashing To Build The Life She Wanted
- Her Desire To Help Others Resulted In Online Success
- This British Ballerina Helped Others Overcome Their Fears
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you up to 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.