How An Army Veteran Launched A Golden Online Business
After taking some well-deserved rest from the rat race, I took the decision to build an online business and form a company that allowed everyone to take advantage of my 17+ years of accumulated knowledge.David Gibson
Welcome to A Christmas Carol – SiteSell-style! Each day we’re going to re-introduce one of our successful SBIers and their amazing stories. Like the Ghost of Christmas Past, we’ll revisit these tales of old and see what lessons we can glean.
For this next Christmas story, we’re visiting with David Gibson of GoldVu.com who, in 1999, had just joined the British Army and was on course for an 8-year career serving his country.
At about that same time, David began reading about the currency systems in use today and was deeply troubled. He found that “the theories and numbers connected to the concept of our existing fiat currencies just didn’t add up, which pointed to a bleak future for the current financial system.”
He decided that in order to secure his long-term finances, he needed to dramatically reduce his reliance on traditional banking institutions.
That’s when he discovered the sustained economic value of precious metals.
As David learned more and more, he found not only a personal interest, but a passion that would later fuel his online endeavors.
And just in time, too.
After a successful 8-year career in the military, David was given just 2 weeks notice that his contract wasn’t being renewed for another tour.
Transitioning to civilian life was far from easy. David struggled to relate to current work cultures and a lack of the kind of teamwork he was used to in the Forces.
While trying to figure out a career in the private sector, David became aware of SBI! and its core process for building an online business. He was intrigued, but not yet sold.
Finally, in 2014, David made the decision to launch his business. He has never regretted it. GoldVu.com now helps anyone in the world invest in gold and other precious metals as a means of ensuring long-term wealth management.
As a veteran, he found the methodical Action Guide both helpful and purposeful. As a method for building an online business, it made complete sense to him. And he found the SiteSell Forums an amazing community on which to rely.
He’d found, in one place, a solution for work that resolved both of his complaints with other businesses: unifying purpose and supported teamwork.
His success, like that of many other SBIers, was due to a combination of the right tools & processes, and his own capacity for Attitude & Motivation.
David now enjoys a successful online business thanks to SBI! — and you can too!
As we’re whisked away by the Ghost of Christmas Past, back to present-day, overlooking the streets crowded with busy people hustling through the Christmas Season, we’re reminded of how important things like family really are.
Just like Ebenezer Scrooge, we sometimes need to be confronted by such stories in order to truly recognize what’s important to us, and what we need to do to change.
Do not let another Christmas pass by while your dreams of owning a business fester in your belly like a bit of undigested cheese. Throw open the curtains and renew your lease on life! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, now is the time to get started.
Read More Successful Online Solopreneur Christmas Stories:
- How A Successful Attorney Transitioned To A Successful Online Mompreneur
- How An Army Veteran Launched A Golden Online Business (You are here)
- How The Decision to Start An Online Business Changed Her Life Forever
- He Leveraged His Pain And Achieved 100k Visitors To His Website
- How An Oil Worker Brewed Up A Profitable Side Business
Learn From More High-Traffic, Profitable Solopreneurs
- Recent Success Stories With Takeaway Lessons. Read more recent inspiring stories from our blog. They deliver useful ideas and takeaway lessons from folks who’ve “done it and won it.” If they can do it, you can, too!
- Multi-Year SBI! Reviews. We take a deep-dive into the long term, full business stories of several different types of solopreneur successes. They periodically update their progress so you can see how they and their businesses grow over a period of years. This gives you excellent insight into what solopreneurs can accomplish with real online businesses.
- Hundreds of the “Top 0.5%.” Every one of these SBI! businesses (hundreds of them) rank in the top 1 million active websites (out of approximately 200 million!). That’s all the more impressive because 1) we are such a small community and 2) many Top 0.5% sites are mid-sized or large companies.
Solopreneurs fail at astronomical rates. SBI! makes you 100x more likely to succeed (that’s not a typo!). It will never be easy, but we do make it way more doable.
Scan the wide variety of solopreneurs who are winning in real niches. Use it to get a feeling for what SBIers do, as well as to generate ideas. What do you know? Turn it into a business.